Mr. Portnoy is an Enrolled Agent tax advisor. As such he is federally authorized tax practitioner empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Mr. Portnoy represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for tax issues that include audits, collections and appeals.
Mr. Portnoy also is a Financial Advisor focused on Retirement Planning and an Investment Advisor Representative for Avantax Advisory ServicesSM approved to conduct business in the state of Texas. As a financial advisor Mr. Portnoy holds FINRA Series 7 License, FINRA Series 66 License and a Texas license for life, health and disability insurance. Mr. Portnoy's main objectives are to educate and assist his clients with Income tax and retirement financial solutions.
- World traveler - lived abroad and traveled to 11 countries.
- Have two kids 14 year old boy and 24 year old daughter.
- Maintaing an office at the same location for over 20 years.
- Cherish and treat clients as extended family.
- Soccer fan, primary Manchester City FC and following anything related to EPL and LaLiga.
- Fluent (Speak, read and write ) in Russian, Hebrew and English. Can lightly converse in Spanish.
- Have three rescued dogs; A Schnauzer, Dachshund and a miniature Pincher mutt.
- After the age of 40: ran 4 marathons, 5 half marathons, 1 Ultra marathon (50 Miles), and 3 Olympic Distance Triathlons
- Love reading books. Some of my favorite reads: Jack London collection, Tom Clancy, Leon Uris, Asimov, Lord of The Rings, Kane and Able by Jeffrey Archer.